Thursday, February 14, 2008

writing exercise #1: the starbucks challenge.

[08I08]

i'm hopped up on coffee. the caffeine has stretched my brain stem and pushed my mind out of my skull. from this angle, i can see my thoughts clearly. there they are below me: all the random conversations i've had with myself, swaying this way and that like pieces of trash floating in shallow gutter water. this is me sifting through it to see if there's anything worth saving.

ped xing.

who the hell is ped xing? and how do you say his name? sing? tsing? who is he and why does he have so many streets in manila named after him?

i was watching wonder years and there was one scene where "ped xing" was painted on a road and i thought, "even in the states?!" split second before i had lightbulb moment: ped xing means pedestrian crossing.

i wish my lightbulb moments were of genius wattage instead of congratulations-you're-not-stupid wattage.

No comments:

llmarcelo [at] gmail [dot] com