Friday, May 26, 2006

how my boxes and taking a crap keep me sane.

see, this is the thing, i have boxes. these boxes give structure and order to my world. it's a framework i use so i don't feel like a schmuck every time i have to ditch.

saturdays belong to flag. even if my dad tells me i'd better seriously look for a place of my own if i insist on playing flag while there's a bad-ass storm ("you leave this house, don't come back"), i risk his anger and play. that's the extent of my commitment--saturdays.

if the team holds practice during the week, i'll have no qualms about being absent. my weekdays fall under the box labeled "work." there's no guilt associated with not showing up for the team.

things are neater this way. i can say "no."

sundays are for family.

notice that there isn't a box labeled "sam." the only alone time i have now is while i'm taking a crap.

No comments:

llmarcelo [at] gmail [dot] com